Welcome to Bellwether Thoughts, a blog by Janice Carnevale, owner of Bellwether Events. Janice uses this space to convey her random likes and loves to the tens of people who may be reading. This is not a wedding blog. This is a blog that will allow you to get to know the woman behind the weddings.

Bellwether Events is a wedding planning and coordination firm serving the Washington DC metro area. Bellwether Events strives to be honest and sincere with engaged couples to create clever and unparalleled weddings.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Obsessed: Black Bird

I have always been a Beatles fan. I'm also a fan of Elvis, so that proves my musical schizophrenia right there. I had the pleasure of seeing Paul McCartney at FedEx Field in August of 2009 and it was an amazing show. I would certainly pay that kind of money to see him again. One of the most memorable parts of the concert for me (in addition than the pyro nearly making me wet myself during Live and Let Die) was his solo, acoustic performance of Blackbird. This was not a particularly notable song to me before the show, but when Paul explained how he wrote it after watching the desegregation of the schools in the south on TV, I was incredibly moved. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment