Welcome to Bellwether Thoughts, a blog by Janice Carnevale, owner of Bellwether Events. Janice uses this space to convey her random likes and loves to the tens of people who may be reading. This is not a wedding blog. This is a blog that will allow you to get to know the woman behind the weddings.

Bellwether Events is a wedding planning and coordination firm serving the Washington DC metro area. Bellwether Events strives to be honest and sincere with engaged couples to create clever and unparalleled weddings.

Monday, January 30, 2012

One Year Later - RIP John Garrighan

I met John when he was 15, and I was 18. His band, The Berlin Project, recorded a cover of Snoop Dogg's Gin and Juice, and it was that record that brought me to their show at Club Laga in Pittsburgh, and forever altered my life. I know that sounds dramatic, but it's true. My adoration for TBP led me to embracing the ska, alternative and pop punk genres. Music is hugely influential in my life and I owe a lot to John. It was a sad end to a short life that overflowed with potential.

The first song on this slideshow is Aberdeen 3:06, which is just John and Steve Soboslai from Punchline. It is one of my favorite songs of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment