Welcome to Bellwether Thoughts, a blog by Janice Carnevale, owner of Bellwether Events. Janice uses this space to convey her random likes and loves to the tens of people who may be reading. This is not a wedding blog. This is a blog that will allow you to get to know the woman behind the weddings.

Bellwether Events is a wedding planning and coordination firm serving the Washington DC metro area. Bellwether Events strives to be honest and sincere with engaged couples to create clever and unparalleled weddings.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Shopping: Give Good Stuff

As promised, today I am revealing my favorite places to shop for amazing gifts. I hope this small collection of ideas helps you out this holiday season.

As you know, I love food! And I absolutely love Zingermans. I have forgotten where I first learned about this delicious deli located in Ann Arbor. Their breads are a staple for me for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The Chocolate Cherry Sourdough and the Cranberry Pecan Bread are required eating for me.

For the longest time I only bought my younger siblings clothes (I felt they had enough toys!) for birthdays and Christmas. It got to the point where when they saw my name on the "From:" line, they wouldn't even open the package - they'd just mumble "clothes" and toss the box aside. Now they wear uniforms to school and I have been asked not to buy them any more clothes :) If you are lucky enough to get to shop for kids clothes, I recommend Mini Boden. This Canadian company sells positively adorable clothes and accessories for babies, girls and boys.

And my ultimate secret weapon, the catalog/website that has gotten me more oohs and aahs at showers and parties is (drum roll) Uncommon Goods. This website has unique and green gifts for everyone that you could possibly shop for. Take a peek, trust me you will find something to purchase - if not for someone else, then definitely for yourself.

I Hope you like my little finds. Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment